« Home | The Empty Calorie's official position on people wh... » | Dinner with Capitalist Piglet » | Because even furry lobsters need their 15 minutes ... » | Capitalist Piglet & Harold (Printed Oct. 6, 2005) » | Students and Academic Freedom in Canada » | How to copy music from your iPod to your iTunes li... » | The Sheaf's "Brief statement regarding “Capitalist... » | The UofS Students' Union and Capitalist Piglet » | From the Desk of Y!ph: "Capitalist Piglet: Are som... » | The "Capitalist Piglet" Controversy: Selected read... »

Adventures at The Public Library

Today was a short day and I left work around 3 or so. The sun was out, everything was melting and -- as I was admiring this bird that was belting its guts out to the world -- I slipped on some ice and bruised the heck out of my leg. I have an incredible aptitude for taking serious spills and either injuring my back or giving myself a non-lethal sprain. This aptitude is magnified by several hundred points when combined with a Crazy Carpet or some other sort of device. But, I dealt with the pain and soldiered on. Other than the spill earlier on, my day was pretty mundane: Went to the library. Looked up books on the computer. Sat beside some kid who smelled of ripe cat piss. Got La Bohème with Bocelli and Frittoli. Had some noodles at Ding Dong (Vietnamese restaurant). Came home. Took J for a walk. Got splashed by some bollocks licker that was driving her car. Now I’m hunkering down with my cello and some C.S.I. Good day . . . good day.

I find I tend to injure myself more by trying NOT to fall than just letting myself fall.

It all happened so fast I didn't have time to really hurt much more than my leg -- and my arse. I have big bruises.

less you're a newly hatched pod person, you already know that those who think that it is psychotic to question Wendy's leg's belief systems should think again. But let me add that it appears that, for Wendy's leg, "open-mindedness" isn't a policy or a belief, but a flag to wave when she feels like it, and one to hide when it doesn't suit her purposes. What follows is a set of observations I have made about unpleasant, destructive deadbeats. The practical struggle which now begins, sketched in broad outlines, takes the following course: If she were paying attention -- which it would seem she is not, as I've already gone over this -- she'd see that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, undeniably dislike her. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that I once had a nightmare in which Wendy's leg was free to condemn innocent people to death. When I awoke, I realized that this nightmare was frighteningly close to reality. For instance, it is the case both in my nightmare and in reality that Wendy's leg is extremely juvenile. In fact, let's see what my handy-dandy Juvenile-O-Meter has to say about her. Whoa! The needle is off the scale! It's a good thing I checked, because Wendy's leg has announced her intentions to challenge all I stand for. While doing so may earn Wendy's leg a gold star from the mush-for-brains diabolism crowd, she is like a giant octopus sprawling its slimy length over city, state, and nation. Like the octopus of real life, Wendy's leg operates under cover of self-created screen. She seizes in her long and powerful tentacles our executive officers, our legislative bodies, our schools, our courts, our newspapers, and every agency created for the public protection. Some day, I want to examine Wendy's leg's worldview from the perspective of its axiology (values) and epistemology (ways of knowing). But you don't have to wait for that. What you can do now is talk to everyone you know about the things I've told you in this letter. Use every medium available to you. Use the Internet. Use your telephone. Use radio and newspapers. And whatever you do, never be afraid to speak out against the evil that is Wendy's leg.

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link